Sunday, February 4, 2007

What I learned while I was on vacation:



1) You can actually get tired of knitting dishcloths. At home I've been working on the Cable Pocket Shawl from Knitpicks but didn't want to bring it with me to somewhat sunny Florida. So instead I brought a bunch of random Peaches n Creme to make in to dishcloths for my Mom. I did learn how to do a reversible cable which will come in handy for scarves. :)

2) You should always check your dishwasher before you leave and make sure there are no dirty dishes in it. Man it was foul. Some of them even had a nice layer of fur. Ewwwwwwwww.


So anyway, when I got bored I made an eyelet lace hat from a pattern I found on the internet. Funny story about that. I thought I was being so cool. The pattern was knit flat and I wanted to knit it in the round so I transcribed the appropriate knits and purls. Or so I thought. Turns out I did the exact opposite of what I should have done. I still think it looks cool. But the lower half is inside out. Heh.

No comments: