Thursday, July 5, 2007

Look Ma! I'm swatching!



For the third time. Sometimes I tend to dive in to things without thinking it through. For some reason I thought using a larger needle would give me more stitches per inch. Duh. So what am I swatching you ask? Well I joined the Tomato bandwagon. Though mine is more pale frosty blueberry than tomato. I'm using 1824 Mission Falls Cotton that I got over at Posh. I wasn't sure about the nubby texture at first but I'm very excited now that I've swatched it. I'm a little nervous because I think a girl of my figure probably needs to do the darts that I've been reading about on Knitting Daily and I'm a little apprehensive of changing a pattern I've never done before. Too many new techniques in one project you know? (See Gigantasock Disaster of 2006).


I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. DH and I took the kids over to Stenger to watch the fireworks and they loved them!

2 comments:

Judy said...

The mission falls will give some nice texture to the Tomato/Blueberry. Looks like some good info on the bust darts on knitting daily. Start on the back and work up to them!

5elementknitr said...

Daughter's leap is EXACTLY how fireworks make me feel, too!