Saturday, December 30, 2006

Lace Scarf Done!


I finally finished my poor sister in law's Christmas gift. Anybody following Colorado weather knows we've been snowed in for about 2 weeks now. Originally I was working on the "Branching Out" lace scarf pattern in Caron Simply Soft. I wasn't sure how the acrylic would do but it was working pretty well. Last week, at about 1 1/2 feet of knitting the scarf, I noticed I'd dropped at least 3 stitches and couldn't figure out how to fix it so I had to start over. At this point I switched patterns to a 4 row pattern from Barbara Breiter's website http://www.knittingonthenet.com. I'd hoped it was easier and would knit up faster. Obviously I still didn't make it. Heh. It does hide mistakes pretty well though.


2 comments:

Kelley said...

Very pretty! How many stitches did you cast on? The pattern calls for 43 stitches in lace weight yarn, but it looks like you used worsted. I've been hunting high and low for a good scarf pattern to use some worsted weight yarn from my stash--this may be it!

Throws Like A Girl said...

I did use worsted! I actually followed the pattern exactly, I just used a worsted weight acrylic (Caron Simply Soft) instead of wool or cotton. My sister in law has a lot of allergies so I wanted to make sure she could use it without discomfort. BTW, sorry it took me so long to reply! I didn't know I had any comments! :)