Saturday, December 30, 2006

Relatively new to the blogging world.

I had a blog at a different site but decided I needed one exclusively for my knitting habit. Right now I'm working on something for myself for the first time. Frankly, it's cold here in CO and my hands are freezing so I'm making "Fetching" from Knitty. It's my first time with cables. You know you are a complete knitting geek when the thought of attempting cables for the first time is as exciting as Christmas morning was as a kid. Heh.

1 comment:

5elementknitr said...

I felt the same way with the cables thing! I had read about them forever and it was like driving a stick shift. I knew how to do it in theory, but to actually, physically do it? Not so much.

In the reading about how to do them, I just didn't get it for the longest. Then one day, I read the how-to again and it just clicked!

My first finished sweater was Cable-Eight from Interweave Knits (Spring 04 or 05). Loved it!