Friday, December 28, 2007

That's really what it says!

Negative 0.6! I really have to go to the grocery store and feed my friend's cat but the ol' thermometer is not helping my motivation. (There was a picture of the thermometer that blogger won't let me upload. Does anybody out there know how to upload flickr photos to blogger? I'm getting pretty fed up. )

On the knitting front, my sister bought a bunch of Patons SWS that she quickly found out was NOT a beginner yarn. I told her I'd make a sweater for A out of it, so I just finished the back last night. I'm also working on some mittens for myself that were originally for L. Turns out when you swatch (and I DID swatch), you should swatch in the round for things knitted in the round. I thought I was knitting at 7 stitches per inch and it turned out to be more like 6. This apparently makes the difference between mittens for a 5 year old and mittens for Mom.

No comments: