Thursday, May 17, 2007

Ack! I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Marly!

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

Ok. 7 random facts.

1. The person who tagged me, Marly, and I have two weird coincidences in that our husbands are both named John and our youngest sons are both named Joe (sort of, Joe and Josiah).

2. Both of the kids are named to honor relatives, but their names also have literary ties to my and my husband's favorite books. Lizzie is from Pride and Predjudice while Joe's initals spell JEM from To Kill a Mockingbird.

3. I actually still have a friend that I've known since we were 4 years old and our mothers met while we were at dance class. We talk on almost a weekly basis.

4. My little sister's birthday is the day before mine so we actually celebrated our birthdays together as kids. I think my mom was nuts having these giant parties with two distinct age groups. Now I appreciate it though and we still sometimes have a party together.

5. Just about everybody we know has trouble remembering which birthday is which. Including our family. Since I'm older people tend to want to make my birthday first. Hee.

6. Before taking up knitting, I have never really had a hobby.

7. When I was in college, a couple friends and I competed in the Anderson Voice competition. What was odd about this is the competition was usually made up of performance majors and all of us were Music Education. We were out to disprove the old adage, "Those who cannot do, teach." So there.

So I guess that's 7. Now I'm tagging Cathy, Claudia, Leanne, Betsy, Suzeq22knits, Judy, and Allegra.

2 comments:

YarnThing said...

We actually have three things in common...remember the anniversary thing...Dec.22!

So glad you played along!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com

Throws Like A Girl said...

Oops! I knew I forgot one! :) It was hard finding people to tag. I think I double tagged a couple.