Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hooray Sock!





Yesterday I finished my sock! It's not perfect, but it's definitely wearable (unlike the gigantasock disaster of 2006). I think this particular yarn would do better on size 2's instead of 3's and that's why the yarn overs on the heel seem larger than I'd like them. Anyway, I'm excited to start sock #2.


Last night we celebrated Leanne's birthday over at Knit Knack and of course, I forgot to take a picture. I did take a couple of other ones though. :) Here's one of Karen working on her dishcloth. I was trying to get a picture of Leanne, the Sock Queen, showing Mary Kay a new technique, but my stellar photography skills failed me. Nachaele was taking pictures (hopefully better than mine) and Christie was working on a shawl that she purchased at the Creative Arts Festival.
Marly dropped by with her family, but I forgot to take a picture. Again. She and I met earlier today for a Mommy SnB at the Apex Center and she taught me how to single and double crochet. Woo! I'm such a yarn geek. Next thing you know I'll be learning macrame and everybody will be getting flower pot hangers for Christmas. Grins.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Macrame! Wow. I've not thought of that for years. But it does make wonderful pot hangers.

Your sock is great!

Sorry that I missed last night - life had other plans.

YarnThing said...

You crack me up! Hurry, start your second sock right NOW so you don't get the dreaded second sock syndrome!

Marly

Anonymous said...

Great sock! I would love to make some of those with my new sock yarn! Maybe I can get the pattern the next time I see you! :)

Suzeq22knits said...

Yup, start that second sock now!! I'm loving tofutsies...the stir fry yarn--i love it. I use size 2 dpns..it works for me and my tension..try going down a size for your next sock (if it's appropriate for the yarn, of course). Let me know what you think of Tofutsies when you use it. happy knitting!

Suzeq22knits said...

P.S. Thanks for the photo compliment!