Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Hooray Baby Hat, Booties and Urchin!

I made a little hat and booties for my niece, both from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I used some Crystal Palace Bunny Hop from my stash. I also made myself an Urchin from some Manos del Uraguay that was a gift from my friend Blogless Christie. It's a fun pattern, but being European it uses 7mm (US 10 3/4) needles that are just about the only size needles I don't have. I used 8mm (US 11) for a slightly looser gauge, but I'm still pleased with it. The stitches at the edges of the shortrows ended up elongated and although I like it, I'm not sure it's how it's suppsoed to be. I really tried to tighten up my stitches to lessen the effect, but it happened every time. I'm not sure if it was the yarn, the larger needles or my knitting. Hmm. It used a lot less yarn than I expected so I have plenty to make a scarf. Hooray! L was so kind as to model it for me...

1 comment:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Adorable hat & booties.

L looks so cute! It's a great hat :)