Monday, October 29, 2007

It's probably a good thing that they're cute.

I swore to myself I wouldn't do it. We finally have both kids sleeping through the night and I swore when it came time for J to start protesting, I would be the good mommy and put him right back in bed, crying or no crying. But then I hear this little voice pleading, "Want Mama." You've got to understand that J was not a cuddly baby. Not alarmingly uncuddly, but his favorite way to show affection was a well placed head butt. So now, finally, at the age of 2 he wants to cuddle with me. So I compromised (caved) and cuddled with him in his room for about a half an hour. Back on the wagon today though, right? Grins.

Thought I'd add these pictures of J after a nap. I've definitely felt this way. Heh. In fact, I was about there today while Adorable Neice was loudly sounding her dissatisfaction with her carseat. I fleetingly thought to myself that it would be so very cool if I could order a beer in the Wendy's Drive-Thru. Luckily National Public Radio came to the rescue. As horrible as it sounds, I don't listen to NPR for it's biting commentary, enlightening editorials, or informative articles. I listen to NPR when I need the kids to calm down. Works like a charm. I really should send them pledge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! the droning on (and on and on and on...) sure tries to put me to sleep.

No drive through beer, but "way down yonder in New Orleans" they have drive through daquiri stores.

(Nope... not making that up)

Good luck with the kids.

YarnThing said...

Hey, haven't you ever heard of BIRDS? It is this wonderful place off of 64th that will serve you a beer with just a honk! I am serious...you should go on by there sometime and give it a try!

Tell the owner Marly sent you ;-)

marly