Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hooray Faux Cable Sweater!


So yesterday both of my children took a 2 hour nap. I'm quite sure this is a sign of the apocolypse, but rather than go hide in the basement, I squared my courage and finally put the Faux Cable Sweater together. I had been dreading it because I found the directions rather cryptic and even after I did what I thought it was saying, the yarn markers ended up in useless places. Basically I ended up looking at the picture and mattress stitching until it looked the same. I did have to knit an extra 4 rows on both faux cable pieces to make it meet in the back of the neck like it was supposed to, but all in all, I'm pretty happy with it. Hope the birthday girl likes it. She's been waiting almost a year. Yes, yes, she requested this sweater for her LAST birthday. I'm a little slow.

4 comments:

Knitted Gems said...

The sweater looks great! It must have been a bear to seam up.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

But hey, at least you finished it :) And it looks wonderful! Way to go :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift for someone, and well worth waiting for.

What kind of yarn?

Purple Princess said...

An FO is an FO no mater when you started it! Nice job.