Monday, April 23, 2007

Argh! Sock Struggle


Well the sock is now a ball of yarn. Again! I'm still doing something wrong in the short row hell er heel and I'm about ready to just try it the regular short row way with wraps (because THAT'S been so successful in the past; see entries on Stripey Doodlepants). So I'm going to take a sock break and regroup by doing a no brainer (hopefully) log cabin blanket for my niece to be. I really should be cutting the steek on my sweater but I haven't found a time away from children to use the sewing machine. It's ridiculous that I'm considering getting a babysitter just to use a sewing machine when I never even get one for an evening out with DH, isn't it? Ah the yarn obsession takes hold. Anyway, I digress. I think I'm also going to wait for my ball winder to get here so I can ball my new sock yarn to try the sock again. My old yarn has been frogged so many times it's starting to unravel and it was pointed out to me that the reason my cotton yarns might be so twisty and knotted is because of the way I hand roll a ball. So I used my birthday gift Joann card to order one online. I went to the so called Joann Superstore this morning and they looked at me like I was crazy asking about a ball winder for yarn. They make those? Really. Grr. I really should just quit going there.

So we're on day two of Turn Off the Television Week. So far this has resulted in my rediscovery of my CD collection, L wanting to play on the computer and to take more naps, and J still refusing to take his; though my newfound CD's are doing a nice job of masking his discontent. I didn't even know I had the Brandenburg Concertos! Heh.

I don't have any relevant pictures for this entry so I threw a dramatic picture of L at the park yesterday. That's how I felt when unraveling the sock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the socks. That is a great picture of L and I laughed at your comment about "this is how I feel".

I'll bring my ball winder to knitting tonight, just in case you are there with your sock yarn and want to wind it. Once you try the ball winder, you will never want to go back to hand rolling yarn.