Thursday, April 19, 2007

Steeks and socks



I realize I have been remiss in my knitting content, so here goes. I finished up the knitting on the front of the nonstripey vest and am now ready (theoretically) for the cutting of the steek.
I also have cast on some ankle socks, since I discovered a hole in my last pair yesterday. I'm attempting to use up some sock yarn I had from the gigantasock disaster and am noticing serious gauge differences from the yarn in the pattern. I did do a gauge swatch (yay me!) and increased the cast on stitches accordingly. I now just have to down and figure out how many stitches for the heel.
Ok, so I figured that out and now I'm attempting the yarn over short row heel. I think I'm doing it right. I'm sure I'll find out. Heh.

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

good job on the nonstripey vest. I hope I get to see it when you finish. I love the color.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the socks!

Are you going to have a "steek cutting ceremony" or just do it privately in the quiet (ha ha) of your house?