Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Importance of Diction

So I was at rehearsal last night and I think the kids performed really well considering they were just on Spring Break. There was, however, a problem with diction. Every once in a while, something just gets me giggling until I'm laughing so hard I cry. Last night was one of those nights. After hearing them off to see the Whizzer, I truly lost it during the Tin Man scene where all of them seemed to have a problem with the word "axe". By the third time the "enchanted a$$" was mentioned I was pretty much useless. I'm amazed I made it through the Tin Man's song.



On a different note, J cracked us up last night by using his fishsticks to eat ketchup, putting them aside when there was no more breading on them, like they were a utensil.



On the knitting front, I'm still plugging away at my non-stripey More Stripes. I've a couple more inches on the back before it's finished.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the enchanted A$$. And the Whizzer. How funny!
You're right, I needed the laugh.

Good luck on getting through the play.

I'm hoping to get to the new yarn store this Saturday...

'Cause I need more yarn.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Your sweater is lovely! I can't wait to see how the front goes together.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love your blog! It was great to meet you too! See you next Tuesday!

Nachaele