Thursday, June 7, 2007

Dreamy Swatchy Goodness


I am working on Knit and Tonic's Dream Swatch Head Wrap. The pattern calls for a 100 percent bamboo yarn but I'm using a soy/bamboo blend called Sojabama (which I suspect means soy bamboo in Swiss though weirdly enough the yarn is made in France) by Schulana which I got over at Knit Knack. I had a little trouble with switching the elongated stitches but I seem to have the hang of it now. As usual, I tried to go too fast. :) Bamboo soy yarn is very slippery I'm finding but oh so soft! I can't wait to wear it!

7 comments:

YarnThing said...

Looking Good! Love the color!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your Dream Swatch looks beautiful! I haven't started mine yet, but seeing yours and Nachaele's makes me want to start right away! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!! Wow, I am going to work on mine at lunch today and tonight!!

I love the solid color of yours!

Great job!

Anonymous said...

I've been working on a baby blanket in that exact same stitch. Only the balanket is a bit... wider. :-) Beautiful color -though watch out around Leanne. She may distract you and make off with it (being a Purple Princess and alll).

Just kidding, Leanne!

5elementknitr said...

OK. So printing that pattern now. Adding to the HUGE binder of patterns to be done!

Claudia said...

That is looking just gorgeous!

Filambulle said...

I am laughing here, and must add my twopence...
Sojabama means absolutely NOTHING in swiss. BTW we speak french, or italian, or schwitzertuutsch (swiss-german) in Swizerland. I think they just thought it was a cool name for a yarn.
Which I don't think so. But the yarn is very soft and beautiful, isn't it?
nice blog.