Thursday, June 14, 2007

Hooray Not-Bamboo Baby Franken-sweater!


I finished it! And it actually doesn't look half bad. It looks good enough for my sister to take to a baby shower at any rate. So here's the stats:


Bamboo Baby sweater from One Skein Wonder


Needle size: 6 US

Yarn: 3 balls of Scoubi Du 50 percent cotton 50 percent acrylic

Adaptations:
1) Added 5 garter rows on either side of the back panel using Log Cabin technique
2) Increased the picked up arm stitches from 24 to 28
3) I used a crochet seam for the shoulders and a modified mattress stitch for the sides. I say modified because I continued to use the mattress stitch even when the garter stitch edge was paired up with a bound of edge, just picking through the loops on the bound off edge as if it were garter. Since the pattern gave no instructions for seaming, this seemed to make the most sense.
I found the cute little duckie/chickie buttons at Knit Knack. I'm just glad it's done. I was so afraid it would be horrible. Hooray!

5 comments:

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

That is so cute :) Great job!

Judy said...

Love the buttons.

Purple Princess said...

Very nice Nichole. I love it.

YarnThing said...

I love the color :-)

Marly

Anonymous said...

Hey...I'm making this now, and I was wondering if you remember a very small number of rows between your sleeve and shoulder markers? I think I have 4, and the whole front looks short. Any advice for me? TIA.

-Ilana