Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Man! I hate that when that happens.

In the midst of working on the Dream Swatch and the Not-Bamboo Baby Frankensweater, I thought I'd actually start the helmet liner for Ruth's contest. After knitting a few rows of 2 x 2 rib I realized that the gauge was not right. I took a second look at the ballband and found it was DK weight not worsted like I thought. So now I have to go back to the store and get some worsted weight yarn. The pattern calls for 100 percent washable wool. Question to ponder. Doesn't that mean that it can't be 100 percent wool?

2 comments:

5elementknitr said...

Two words (or one, depending on the ball band).... Super. Wash. How can you hate it when serendipity sends you to the yarn store?? haha

Judy said...

I have some black Mission Falls 100% washable wool I will be glad to give you for this effort. I keep thinking I will make a liner but it doesn't seem to happen. I will bag it up